In today’s world computers have become one of the main assets in all fields to make tasks simpler, efficient and organized. Computers store data and run applications. Viruses and spyware were created to steal personal data like Bank account numbers, passwords, security keys, personal information etc. Viruses spread through the internet, emails, pen drives, DVDs, external hard disk etc. Anti Virus software detect viruses and spyware and block them and move them to quarantine so that they don’t harm your computer and steal your data, thus keeping your personal information safe. Nowadays online banking has become a trend, imagine how unsafe one can be without antivirus software. Antivirus software can safeguard your information.
Antivirus software used to be a luxury once upon a time but nowadays they have become a necessity. Since there are many types of software available in the market it becomes difficult to select the best antivirus.
The following are simple guidelines that would help and assist you in purchasing an antivirus software:
1. The antivirus software should be compatible with your computer system. Compatible in the sense your computer should be able to run the software with ease and hence not overloading the system. No matter how good an antivirus is if it doesn’t run on your system it is of no use. Before purchasing one you should cross check its requirements with your computers configuration.
2. You should try and give importance to that software which gives a good background protection. Background protection is that protection which involves the detection of virus when the full computer scan is off and is able to delete them.
3. Buy that antivirus which has a disaster recovery feature. In case of an attack by a highly rated virus the computer system may crash. Disaster recovery will take a backup of your data and recovery your computer to an earlier date.
4. Viruses and spyware are created and spread on a day to day basis. Therefore it becomes crucial for antivirus to be updated to detect them. Hence you should purchase that software that updates their virus database daily.
5. Look for that antivirus which has a firewall protection. A firewall shields your PC from threats especially when you are connected to the internet.
6. Purchase that software which is easy to use, run and maintain. It can be quite an uphill task to install some of the antivirus available in the market.
You can search for the best antivirus software on search engines like Google and Yahoo.